Here are selected lecture notes and materials from Integral Equations and Calculus of Variations course I have been teaching in Madras Christian College. It will supplement interactive courseworks titled the same in the blog.
Please note that there will be slight mistakes in the notes which were corrected during the lecture, but not in the file. Worksheets can be easily filled if you follow the textbook along with it. The lecture notes are not complete – some topics were discussed in class without worksheets/notes.
The textbooks used are given as book suggestions below.
To Students/Readers: Leave a comment below if you found this material useful, will encourage us a lot.
For Teachers: Master files are available with me. Please get in touch with me if you need them. Happy to share.
Other Materials in the Blog
- Integral Equations: Introduction (L1)
- Linear Integral Equations (IEL2)
- Classification of Integral Equations (IEL3)
- Classification of Kernels (IEL4)
- Separable Kernels and Approximation Methods (IEL5)
- Selected Solutions (IEL5-Quiz)
- Iterated Kernels and Fredholm Theorems (IEL6)
- Selected Solutions (IEL6 Quiz)
- A Simple Integral Equation
- Prerequisites: Properties of Resolvent Kernels
- Integral Equations and Calculus of Variations: Lecture Notes
- Storytelling to Introduce Applications of Laplace Transforms
Here are some book suggestions (Click to buy):
Integral Equations: Book Suggestions
Here are some book suggestions for IE (Click to buy):